Move over pumpkin pie! This Pumpkin Cobbler just bumped pie out of fist place for Thanksgiving dessert for me. Not only is it easy to make, but it can be made milk (casein) free as well. My kids gobbled it up so fast I almost didn’t get a picture.
It’s made like a cobbler, but turns out more like a brownie. Put it together with ice cream and you’re in pumpkin heaven!
15 oz Pumpkin Puree
1 cup milk (or milk substitute)
1 cup sugar
4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
Dry ingredients from White Cake recipe from Irresistibly Gluten Free page 68 (omit coffee creamer if avoiding milk.)
2/3 cup butter (or milk free butter substitute) melted
1 cup chopped pecans
- Spray a 9 x 13 inch baking pan with cooking spray. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine pumpkin puree, milk, eggs, sugar, and spices in mixing bowl and mix well.
- Pour mixture into greased baking pan, set aside.
- Stir together the dry ingredients for White Cake and the melted butter. Crumble into the pumpkin mixture, then top with the chopped pecans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes. Cut into squares once cool, or scoop with a spoon to serve it warm with ice cream.