Have you tried substituting UNflour for regular flour to turn a favorite recipe gluten free? I have found that UNflour (the flour I teach you to make in Irresistibly Gluten Free) often works cup for cup in place of regular white flour.
My latest experiment… Pumpkin Bread. I found a popular recipe for Pumpkin Bread and substituted the flour with UNflour , and added some xanthan gum and made a fantastic Pumpkin Bread.
There is no way I am going to save this bread for the holidays only. It is so moist and flavorful, it’s gotta be year-round!
3 1/2 cups UNflour
2 teaspoons xanthan gum
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 tablespoon baking powder
3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups sugar
15 oz pumpkin puree
1/2 cup canola or vegetable oil
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 2 large (or three regular sized) bread pans with cooking spray.
- Combine all dry ingredients in bowl of mixer.
- Combine wet ingredients in bowl or 4 cup measuring cup.
- While mixing dry ingredients on low, pour in wet ingredients. Mix on high until well mixed.
- Pour batter into greased bread pans. Bake at 350 for 60-70 minutes.
- Remove from baking pans and cool before slicing.