I am a big popcorn fan. So this holiday season I decided to try some new popcorn treats. This Cinnamon Popcorn is one of my favorites with it’s lightly sweet cinnamon taste.
This recipe is not only gluten free, but it can be made casein (milk) free as well.
With a blanket in one hand and Cinnamon Popcorn int the other I’m all ready to turn on “It’s a Wonderful Life.” Merry Christmas!
1 batch air popped popcorn (about 1/2 cup un-popped)
1/3 cup butter or milk-free butter substitute
2/3 cup sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
- Pop one batch popcorn in an air popper. Set aside.
- Pre-heat oven to 250 degrees.
- In a saucepan melt butter on medium heat and add remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil and boil one minute.
- Pour mixture over the popped popcorn and stir to cover evenly.
- Pour popcorn into 9×13 inch baking dish or onto a large cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes, stopping to stir after the first 5 minutes. Turn oven off, but leave popcorn in for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and pour into a large bowl and allow to cool completely. Enjoy.