I ran across a recipe for Chicken Milano the other day and it sounded so good. It was a bit complicated though and lacked the creaminess I like with a pasta dish.
So I adjusted the recipe and came up with this simple and creamy italian chicken dish and LOVED it!
In fact, my whole family loved it and requested that I put it into our “regular rotation.” (whatever!) If my family thinks they are going to eat this gourmet every day, dream on!
Well Davis children, dreams do come true. This was so easy and quick to make, I will happily be making it again and again!
Update: I have made this dish again using Bruschetta Sun Dried Tomato with Italian Basil by Bella Sun Luci and it was even better! Also, I have made this dish Dairy Free by substituting with dairy free butter and replacing the half and half with Almond Milk, it was wonderful!
8 ounces gluten free pasta
1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 1 inch wide strips
1 tablespoon butter
2 cloves garlic, minced (or 2 teaspoons minced garlic)
1/2 cup sun-dried tomato pesto
1 cup chicken broth
1 cup half and half
2 tablespoons UNflour
1/8 cup cold water
- In a large saucepan over low heat, melt butter; add garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add the tomato pesto and the chicken broth; increase to medium heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for about 10 minutes or until the tomatoes are tender. Add the half and half and bring the sauce to a boil; stirring. Reduce heat and simmer while following step 2.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, saute chicken until no longer pink and juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, prepare the pasta according to package directions.
- In a cup or bowl, combine the UNflour and water, stir until smooth. Add it to the sauce while stirring until sauce is thickened and smooth.
- Combine the sauce and cooked chicken pieces. Serve over pasta.
Note: I found this California Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto and the Bruschetta by Bella Sun Luci at my local Walmart to use in this recipe. I liked the Bruschetta best, it is not dairy free.