If I had known how easy it is to make this breaded chicken, I’d have been making it years ago! This Yogurt Chicken has such a nice flavor, with a little zing from the yogurt and lemon.
My whole family loved it. We made some honey-mustard dipping sauce to have with it, but most of us liked it just fine without any dipping sauce at all.
I made it with Irresistibly Gluten Free Bread, crumbled and dried overnight. But any gluten-free bread would work. (And heaven knows, most of them are crumbly enough to begin with!)
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in half
8 oz plain yogurt
1 lemon, juiced (or 1/4 cup Real Lemon Lemon Juice)
1 cup dried, gluten-free bread crumbs
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon gluten-free all purpose seasoning
3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl combine the bread crumbs and seasonings, set aside.
- In a separate bowl put the yogurt and stir until smooth. Then add the lemon juice and stir together. (Note: If you do not stir the yogurt first, the lemon juice will make the yogurt curdle.)
- Rinse chicken breasts and pat dry. Dip each breast in the lemon/yogurt mixture, then in the bread crumb mixture, coating evenly.
- Place coated chicken in a baking dish and top each breast with a drizzle of melted butter. Bake for 1 hour, and allow 5-10 minutes of cooling before serving.