20 minutes to hot Cinnamon Rolls, oh yea! This adaptation of a favorite recipe from Irresistibly Gluten Free makes it easy. I love the Cinnamon Roll recipe in the book so I thought a quick version was a good idea.
I must give credit where credit is due. This idea came from the brilliant mind of my husband, who would eat cinnamon rolls for breakfast, lunch, and dinner if he could. Well, the kids loved them, and I love how easy and fast they were to make.
To Make Quick Cinnamon Rolls:
Using the recipe on page 72 in Irresistibly Gluten Free: Simple Family Favorite Recipes:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, spray cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Put dry ingredients in the bowl of a mixer (if you make mixes, you can simply pour the Cinnamon Rolls mix in and add the yeast.)
- While mixing on low, add wet ingredients, reducing the water to 3/4 cup.
- Spoon dough into a gallon-size freezer bag, cut the tip of one bottom corner off to make a small hole.
- Squeeze dough out onto cooking sheet in a spiral shape making a 5 inch circle. Repeat to use all the dough.
- Top each roll with 1 teaspoon of the Filling. For a more attractive roll you can allow the rolls to rise about 20 minutes, but this is not necessary.
- Bake rolls for 15 minutes. Remove to paper towel for cooling.
Top with Easy Cream Cheese Frosting from page 66 Irresistibly Gluten Free if desired. (Drizzle using the same cut baggie method by cutting a tiny hole in a sandwich bag filled with frosting.)
Makes 6 Cinnamon Rolls
This recipe uses the same method I teach for making Bread Sticks, only you swirl the dough instead of making a straight strip.